Start your new employees off on the right foot by automating a forward-thinking onboarding program.
Everyone gets first-day jitters. Whether working face-to-face or online. Just like the student with a new backpack on the first day of school, your new employees are nervous. They want to make a good first impression, they want to fit in with your company culture, and, even more importantly, they want to feel confident that you’re willing to invest as much in their success as they are.
Get your new employees off to a fast new start and automate time-consuming tasks with a well-designed Employee Onboarding program. By effectively onboarding your employees, you can:
- Make new employees feel comfortable and connected in their new workplace
- Reduce the time it takes for them to become productive members of the team by streamlining the training process.
- Eliminate embarrassing “first-timer” mistakes and missteps to allow your employees to feel comfortable and put their best foot forward.
- Decrease turnover, which typically costs a company 50% of that employee’s yearly salary, by investing in your employees so they’ll be invested in your company.
A successful onboarding program should include training topics such as:
- Corporate structure.
- Mission, vision, and values.
- Company goals and objectives.
- Company history and background.
- Procedural, job-specific training.
Automating onboarding training with a Learning Management System (LMS) is an ideal way to standardize and automate delivery so that every employee is ready to thrive in their new role as quickly as possible.
One thing to consider when evaluating LMS options is that the way many of us are working these days has shifted. And this impacts how training is delivered. Some organizations do best with all-online training. Others need a combination of online and in-person. Essential parts of the onboarding process such as mentoring, on-the-job training, and task completion, can be difficult to manage in a traditional virtual system.
Next generation learning management systems, including the Learn by HireRoad LMS, are specifically designed to support all aspects of a blended learning program, including all virtual and in-person training initiatives. Their advanced suite of reporting and tracking functions paired with a naturally social learning environment make for the ideal deployment of an online training program – your new employees will learn much faster from interactions with their peers.
Your new hires are eager to up-to-speed as quickly and efficiently as possible – enable their success when designing your onboarding program by taking advantage of a multi-faceted approach through a successful blended learning program.
Want to chat about how Learn can be used to deliver, track, and report on your new employee onboarding programs? We’d love to hear from you!